Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Unhappy? Impatient? I dunno...

It's been more than a week that my order from kyarns has been said "shipped", but still no signs of package at all.

I find this rather frustrating, especially considering that I found that being charged 20$ for the shipping to be ludicrously expensive (usually, nice stores will charge around 7$ for Canada, when coming from the USA). I just fear now that it'll be shipped by UPS (because, I didn't get the choice, despite the amount of money spent on it) and then getting my package will become a retarded exercice in trying not to lose a drop of sanity while juggling with a nuthouse (been there for a lense and it still hurts).

I wish that getting Malabrigo yarn didn't involve paying so much shipping. I wish for shipping options. I wish for delivery in a timely manner. Is that too much to ask? When you expect a package from amazon.com, it never takes forever, it is never complicated to get your order in your hands, and you never have to pay a retarded amount for it. Why yarn has to be different than books?

8 comments:

dcoombs said...

Hello Small Foot! I agree, and I feel your pain. You should definitely have some choice of shipping method -- I mean, you pay for the shipping anyway, it's not like it makes a difference to the vendor.

If they send it with UPS, we can jump around screaming together like idiots, k? That'll probably help. :)

melanie girouard said...

You'll help me fight the insanity forces if it turns out to be UPS? You'd do that for me? <:->

dcoombs said...

Absolutely, of course! :) I would do it anyway, with no hesitation... but I also remember your heroic effort to get our lens!

Insanity better not try to stand in our way.

melanie girouard said...

LOL! Thank you! Of course, oen easy way to conquer the situation is if you could stay at home one day they'll come for sure... but it is not necessarily convenient either...

dcoombs said...

Right, after the first delivery attempt I could stay home the following day to accept it. That could work...

Do you have any way to find out anything about the shipping? Can you contact the vendor and ask for a tracking number or something? Just an idea....

melanie girouard said...

For that price, I don't get to track my package or even have a tracking number or even the exact company delivering (althought I suspect it is UPS)... (sigh) Yeah, crappy I'd say.

dcoombs said...

And then it came, and it was here, and it was soft!

melanie girouard said...

Buttery soft... I am loving it!

I want to knit more!!! I barely had time to play with it yet... :-(

Thank you to my hero, dcoombs, who fetched the precious package for me!! You are a true yarn friend!