Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Happiness


You know what makes a knitter happy? The promise of more yarn! Guess what there'll be on my Christmas list... :-) A few luxurious items that I so want to try but cannot afford as a regular thing. In other words, a knitter's treat! Plus, I have some Malabrigo on the way to my doorstep any day now... Yay!

On my wishlist...
On my wishlist...
Originally uploaded by LotusKnitter.

I think that every knitter realises at some point what is the correct equilibrium for them. At least, it helps. How many projects at the same time? What kind of projects? What level of difficulty/concentration for each?


For me, I realised that I need to always have a sock ongoing, while knitting something more substantial. It is like having dessert. I couldn't go on only knitting socks or too many in a row, because the rapid satisfaction will lead to a lack of feeling fully satisfied, just like if we had desserts all the time. If I had dessert all the time, man, would I appreciate a substancial meal! Plus, if I were knitting only heavy projects, I'd feel heavy and stagnant. Everyone needs a little dessert to bring joy! So here goes the sock permanently casted on!

On my wishlist...
On my wishlist...
Originally uploaded by LotusKnitter.

So, I try to stay focussed and keep my attention on 2 projects only. I know very well what comes next and I have a generous queue list, but I keep myself from working a little there and there or even casting on. I want to fully enjoy what I am doing at the moment and progress at a good speed.

So, what works for you?

No comments: