Saturday, November 3, 2007

A finished project!

Penelope
Penelope
Originally uploaded by diluvienne.

Last July, I bought Perl Grey's Penelope pencil skirt kit, which includes the pattern and Handmaiden's Ottawa yarn, in beet colourway.

I had to start over 3 times. because I am bad at gauging properly my tension and I am a tight knitter in transition towards looser. Yes, I made a swatch, but they are always misleading!

The first attempt was way too small (I am not 27 inches around the hips!!), the second way too big (jumped up to 40in). You know what they say, third time is the charm. Well, apparently so. :-) So, I started for real in August, left it on ice for the most part of September and October, only to really finish it just now. In total, it must have taken slightly more than a month to execute.

My first (major) piece of clothing!

2 comments:

dcoombs said...

Congratulations! That's great!

Eunice said...

that looks great on you! i'm afraid of knitted skirts because they don't have the structure i generally like for skirts (A-line) but there are some patterns that don't make the skirt so body-fitting.