Thursday, October 25, 2007

Another project (like I need more...) ;-)

I would need new slippers and given that I am a knitter, I think that I should make them myself. The only problem is that I can't seem to find a free pattern for cool slippers. I don't want the traditional grand-ma style of slippers or sock-style type of slippers. I would be willing to pay for a pattern, if it is for that pattern only (so, it is affordable and I don't need to buy a book, just for that project). Does anyone have suggestions? Or, if you are from Montréal, do you have a printed copy of a pattern/ patterns magazine/ patterns book you could lend me?

Thank you!

5 comments:

Eunice said...

i take it no fuzzy feet? or clogs?

if not, can we have more details? :)

melanie girouard said...

:-) Just to give a flavour, not this, but more something like this (but I don't want to buy the book just for this pattern...). Or any idea that could be feminine, not too "flannel" pyjama matching.

Eunice said...

you could knit the clogs, but not knit the tops all the way to the arch. and decorate the clogs with whatever you want.

or you could try this. it's pretty cute. it's like slippers that look like mary janes.

Summer Rain said...

theres a great free pattern here from zakka life: http://zakkalife.blogspot.com/2007/10/child-pocketbook-slipper.html

melanie girouard said...

eunice: I like. :-)

sumer rain: I saw this one and I am not too sure about them... But thanks for the idea!

vierge_en_trop: Thank you! I shall add them to my Ravelry queue!